This 4-hour workshop takes a deep dive into the new demands of Canadian HR and OHS professionals and managers, providing you with expert guidance on how to meet them.
Led by SafetyNow CEO, Rick Tobin, and OHS lawyer and editor-in-chief, Glenn Demby, this webcast will give you the tools and strategies you need to lead your workforce through these trying times, stay compliant, and be ready to address future changes.
This training is 100% online, making it ideal for you to join from your home or office. You can also choose to receive a copy of the recording when you register, so you can share it with your team!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND…
- HR & OHS managers, directors, and VPs
- Supervisors and team managers
- Business owners
- In-house counsel
- Anyone on your team involved with implementing your reopening and COVID-19 strategies
- Unprecedented times call for expert advice every step of the way
- You and your employees’ safety and well-being at work has never been more important
- Compliance with ALL employment laws, including new COVID-19 leave and liabilities
- Cost-saving and legally sound steps to save your business
- Earn professional certification credit hours
JOIN SPEAKERS LIKE:
- Norm Keith, Fasken: Keeping Your Reopened Business Compliant: What You Need to Know
- Paul Greenberg, CEO, Butter Works: Battling COVID-19 & Workplace Mental Health Challenges from the C-Suite: A Case Study
- Gail Rodgers, Esq.: DLA Piper Global Law Firm: The New Normal: How to Conduct a Virtual Workplace Harassment/Violence Investigation
- Paul Carenza/Laura Gheorghiu/Anita Yuk, Gowling: How to File Your CEWS Submission
- Provincial Public Health Authorities Discussing: Contact Tracing Without Violating Employee Privacy Rights
- Cheryl Edwards and Jeremy Warning: Mathews Dinsdale & Clark LLP: You’ve Had a COVID-19 Case At Your Workplace: What Do You Do Now?
- Hilary Page, Spring Law: COVID-19, School Reopening & Family Status Accommodations Under Human Rights Laws
- Vicki Giles, McLennan Ross: COVID-19 Attendance, Absenteeism & Staffing Capacity Challenges
The bottom line: You’ve been forced to quickly learn a maze of new laws and guidelines (new leave laws, safety requirements, wage rules) and make tough decisions balancing employees’ health and business demands. And employees aren’t being shy about filing legal claims, especially when so many are unemployed and have little to lose (and a lot to gain) by pursuing litigation.
It’s your job to avoid this new “wave of virus litigation” and more – we want to help you be prepared and keep your business ahead of the curve, not just flattening it.