Recorded Date: March 24, 2021
Speaker: Kristan Rossetto, R. Kin, A.E., B.Sc., H.K., GradCert ESLM, Ergonomic, Health & Wellness Consultant, ERGO Inc
To access the recording of this webinar, please go here. As a member of Safety Now, use discount code SAFETYNOW21 to watch the recording for free on demand. All ancillary material is available as a handout with the recording.
About the Webinar
Many of us are now conducting work virtually from the “comfort” of our homes. But for some their home workspace may not be “comfortable” at all. Some of us be working in spaces not intended for computer work and may not have the equipment necessary for proper computer set up.
This session will assist employees and employers with what they should know about employee home offices.
This session will discuss the following:
- Requirements for home offices – CSA ergonomic standard, legal issues
- Responsibility for home office workspace
- Practical tips for using equipment and material you already have to optimize your workstation set up
- Finding a good workspace, chair to sit on and tools to support adjusting your equipment
- Tips for finding cost effective ergonomic products
- Question period following session
A handout on proper computer set up, along with a proper chair adjustment video will be provided to attendees after the webinar.
About the Speaker
Kristan Rossetto is an Associate Ergonomist (AE) and a Registered Kinesiologist with an Honours Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics from the University of Guelph and a Post-Graduate Certificate in Exercise Science and Lifestyle Management from Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning. Kristan has workplace ergonomic experience in various settings, including manufacturing, warehouses, retail, correctional facilities and healthcare.