In part of reducing infection spread, governments are expecting businesses to take certain precautions as they begin to re-open. Governments want to speed up the pace of economic, educational, and community recovery while also protecting public health. As you come to understand best re-opening practices, it is important to keep in mind the following goals in re-opening.
- SAFETY FIRST: re-opening will be done safety and securely to protect vulnerable residents, continue physical distancing, and provide clear rules for businesses deemed safe to re-open.
- SCIENCE-DRIVEN: re-opening will rely on scientifically validated public health interventions. Testing, tracing, field studies, and public health guidance will be used to contain infection.
- CHOICE: businesses within sectors cleared for re-opening can decide when they will re-open. When they do, they must comply with regulations to protect employees and customers.
- DYNAMIC: expect re-opening plans to be adaptive and responsive to real-time concerns such as infection spread or public health guidance.
- PREPARED: governments will work closely with health care systems to ensure PPE is secured and bed and ventilator capacities are regularly assessed to ensure an optimal standard of care…